Being A Graphic Designer at GingerHippo
Congratulations on considering a career opportunity to become a Graphic Designer with GingerHippo. Let’s start by telling you more about what this entails.
A Day In The Life Of A Graphic Designer
My name is Brian, and I am a Graphic Designer at GingerHippo. My day starts when I want it to. I have full use of Adobe Creative Cloud to complete my design work, and as long as I’m meeting the client project deadlines, I work at my pace.
Before my career with GingerHippo, I worked for a company filled with interruption, designing and redesigning visual assets, because the other company’s client needs weren’t very detailed. I never have a doubt as to what I need to be creating now, and I am constantly recognized for my work.
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Communicating with clients about layout and design.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
- 1 year experience as a graphic designer or in related field.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills using Adobe Products.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, and Illustrator.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Experience with computer-aided design.
Employee’s are responsible for their annual deductible for health plans. Dental & vision plans carry a $0 annual deductible.
We want our team member’s to be comfortable knowing their families health is our top priority.
Below is our pre-interview questionnaire for our Graphic Designer position. Part of the pre-interview questionnaire may ask for specific performance, relative to the position being applied for. If you have any questions regarding the questions below, please reach out to us directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.