Being An SEO Specialist at GingerHippo
Congratulations on considering a career opportunity as an SEO Specialist with GingerHippo. Let’s start by telling you more about what this entails.
A Day In The Life Of An SEO Specialist
My name is Rory, and I am an SEO Specialist at GingerHippo. What I thought I knew about SEO before working here, versus what I know now, is amazing. I have grown in my SEO abilities, and I love using Ahrefs software to help our clients create an unsurpassable digital presence.
My hours are what I decide they will be, and my work is measured by the results I create, which is way different than I’ve ever experienced with other companies. GingerHippo isn’t a job for me. It’s my career.
- Optimizing copy and landing pages for search engine optimization.
- Performing ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities.
- Researching and implementing content recommendations for organic SEO success.
- Building high quality DoFollow Backlinks.
- Performing keyword cluster analysis, which coincides with client content calendars.
- Creating competitor analysis for potential clients.
- Creating reports for organic keyword rankings.
- Determining best avenue regarding keyword search volume and difficulty for paid advertising.
- Proven SEO experience.
- Proven SEM experience managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Experience using Ahref’s.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools. (e.g, Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience with bid management tools. (e.g., Click Equations, Marin, Kenshoo, Search Ignite)
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, test-driven field.
Employee’s are responsible for their annual deductible for health plans. Dental & vision plans carry a $0 annual deductible.
We want our team member’s to be comfortable knowing their families health is our top priority.
Below is our pre-interview questionnaire for our SEO Specialist position. Part of the pre-interview questionnaire may ask for specific performance, relative to the position being applied for. If you have any questions regarding the questions below, please reach out to us directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.