Being A Website Designer at GingerHippo
Congratulations on considering a career opportunity as a Website Designer with GingerHippo. Let’s start by telling you more about what this entails.
A Day In The Life Of A Website Designer
My name is Kendrick, and I am a Website Designer at GingerHippo. While I may find myself developing in a variety of platforms, most of our client work uses the Divi theme from Elegant Themes.
My work happens lightning fast with Divi, using the visual page builder that comes with the theme, leaving more time to create some serious css animations and tricks for clients. Nothing makes a client happier than having a fresh and tricked out site.
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with clients.
- Testing and improving the design of the website.
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
- Working with different content management systems, but mainly WordPress.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes.
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites.
- Designing sample pages including colors and fonts.
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
- A relevant diploma or degree in a related field.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
Employee’s are responsible for their annual deductible for health plans. Dental & vision plans carry a $0 annual deductible.
We want our team member’s to be comfortable knowing their families health is our top priority.
Below is our pre-interview questionnaire for our Website Designer position. Part of the pre-interview questionnaire may ask for specific performance, relative to the position being applied for. If you have any questions regarding the questions below, please reach out to us directly via email to email@example.com.