7 Ingredients To Make An Award Winning Cheesecake Recipe
Let’s start off by putting the baking demons to rest. Making a cheesecake is one of the easiest types of cakes to make. The horror stories people have about how hard it is, just doesn’t make sense. If the directions below are followed explicitly, you will have everyone raving about how great your cheesecake is.
When I’m not burning my eyeballs behind my computer screen, I loves to bake, as it takes my mind off of project work.
Baking Utensils Needed To Make This Cheesecake Recipe:
- A mixer (freestanding preferrably)
- 10″ x 15″ cookie pan with sides to hold water
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Parchment paper
- 10″ Cardboard discs x 2
- A bowl to melt the butter (microwave safe)
- A lid for the bowl, so it doesn’t explode in your microwave.
- A spatula
- 9″ Cheesecake springform
- Food Processor
- All purpose cleaner & degreaser for cleanup.
“Eat sweet, and keep baking.”
Baking Ingredients For This Cheesecake Recipe:
- 2 cups regular graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 4 packages of 8 ounce cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Making The Crust:
First things first. Take your 9″ springform and remove the bottom. Place a piece of parchment paper over the bottom and reinsert the bottom into the form, so the parchment paper will remain between the bottom of the springform and your cheesecake crust. This allows you the ability to easily remove the cheesecake from the form after the cheesecake is done.
Next, use PAM baking spray to coat the sides of the springform. This will keep the cheesecake from sticking to the sides after baking.
Now, let’s start making the crust:
- Break up the graham crackers and place them in the food processor.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Blend these ingredients until they are a fine powder/dust.
- Cut up the stick up butter into 4 parts, place them in the microwave safe bowl and cover with the microwave safe lid. I use one of my regular bowls and put a small plate upside down for this step.
- Melt the butter in your microwave on high for 50 seconds.
Add the melted butter to the crumb mixture, then blend all ingredients together thoroughly.
“The ultimate goal is to be an interesting, useful, wholesome person. If you’re successful on top of that, then you’re way ahead of everybody.”
Forming The Crust:
Put the blended crumb ingredients into the springform. Using a flat surfaced item (I use a 1/4 measuring cup), press the crumb mixture into place and compress the crumb as tightly as possible, while pushing the crumb up the sides of the springform approximately 1.5 to 2″.
Once the crust is formed to your liking and compressed as much as possible, place the springform in your preheated (350 degrees) oven and bake for 8 minutes.
Preheat Oven To 350 Degrees And Bake For 8 Minutes
When the crust is finished baking, let the crust cool for 10 minutes, then place in the freezer for 1 hour. This step is VERY important.
Let’s Make Your Cheesecake Filling:
This is actually one of the easiest parts of making a cheesecake. Seems odd, right? Let’s get started-
Put the 4 packages of cream cheese into the mixing bowl, along with the 1 cup of granulated sugar. Mix these ingredients at your highest mixer speed for 10 minutes, or until completely blended. Occasionally stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl to get everything mixed thoroughly.
“I think baking is very rewarding, and if you follow a good recipe, you will get success.”
Next, we are going to add our 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and mix for an additional minute or so. Feel free to add an additional teaspoon of vanilla extract, if you love vanilla like I do. I promise not to tell anyone.
Turn your mixer speed to the lowest setting, then add the eggs 1 at a time. Mix all ingredients together until well blended, stopping to scrape the sides as necessary.
Pour the mixed cheesecake filling into your springform with the frozen crust.
Time To Bake Your Cheesecake!
Place your cheesecake on the middle baking rack, with a water bath beneath it. To create a water bath, put your cookie sheet on the bottom baking rack, and fill the cookie sheet 3/4 full with water. Using a water bath keeps the humidity high in the oven during baking, and also keeps the cheesecake from cracking. Not using a water bath while baking a cheesecake, is one of the biggest mistakes people make.
Bake your cheesecake in a preheated oven, at 325 degrees, for 55 minutes.*
* NOTE THE OVEN TEMPERATURE CHANGE
When the cheesecake has cooked for 55 minutes, turn the oven off and pull your cheesecake out of the oven. Let your cheesecake cool off for 10 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap or cling wrap, and refrigerate for AT LEAST 8 hours.
TIP: I place the springform on top of an upside down paper plate, just in case some of the crust’s butter leaks during the cooling process.
Taking Your Cheesecake Out Of The Springform
Once your cheesecake is completely cooled, it’s time to take the cheesecake out of the springform. Here is how I do this, along with a video link to a YouTube video, showing the process. The video is also embedded below for viewing.
* I DO NOT use a regular plate, as shown in the video.
- The VERY FIRST step, is to run either a knife or metal spatula around the inside of the springform, which will release the cheesecake and crust from the side of the springform.
- Unhinge the springform (Carefully), and remove the side of the springform from your cheesecake.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over the top of the cheesecake. (In the video, they use wax paper)
- Place a 10″ Cardboard disc on top of the parchment paper.
- Flip the cheesecake over as shown in the video.
- Remove the bottom of the cheesecake form, from your cheesecake, then place another 10″ cardboard disc on the bottom of your cheesecake.
- Flip your cheesecake back to right side up, as shown in the video.
Your cheesecake is ready to serve, or ready to be stored in your cake carrier.
Lastly, let me know how my cheesecake recipe turned out.
We Would Love The Opportunity To Share New Articles With You.
Subscribe to our Awesome Newsletter.
Table Of Contents clickable navigation Chapter 1 - How To Quickly Get 1000 Subscribers On YouTube Chapter 2 - Valuable Content Chapter 3 - Leverage Chapter 4 - Contests And Giveaways Chapter 5 - Engage Have you ever wondered how you can get 1000 YouTube Subscribers as...
Sometimes choosing your Google My Business (GMB) category is extremely straightforward. What if we shared with you that most SEO agencies will blindly search for the appropriate category for your GMB listing? What would you think if we shared that most SEO agencies...
Social Media Image Sizes Table of Contents With Clickable Navigation Image Sizes LinkedIn Image Sizes Other Image Sizes Facebook Ads Facebook Video Specs Social Media Image Research | Infographic Image Sizes: Facebook Twitter...